The Future of Lunch

Chick-Fil-A offers a variety of possible menu options for Houston cafeteria.

Ashley Markle, Reporter

Even though Houston has to say goodbye to biscuits, we are the only ones to receive the opportunity to date to have Chick-Fil-A for lunch.

Options could range from a sandwich, to a wrap, to two different salads.

The Chick-n-Strip Slider contains a whole-wheat bun and a refined version of peanut oil making in only 250 Calories.

Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 8.27.52 AM

If in the mood for a lighter choice, Chick-Fil-A will also offer half of the Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap with only 150 calories,

Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 8.27.41 AM

a Petite Grilled Chicken Salad for 120 Calories,

Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 8.27.46 AM

and a Grilled Chicken& Fruit Salad for 170 Calories.

Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 8.27.35 AM

Due to USDA nutrition standards, Chick-Fil-A cut down the sodium levels and switched the breads containing whole grain so they can sell their foods in school cafeterias.

Now, you might be curious towards the pricing of these new items. Chick-Fil-A has made the pricing affordable for high school students; the slider will be $2.50, petite salad will be $4, the wrap will be $4, and the Grilled Chicken& Fruit Salad $6.

To approve the menu items, The Pony Express staff received an exclusive first hand taste test. Some members seemed skeptical of what the food would taste like due to the adjustment Chick-Fil-A had to make to the ingredients. Those worries were put to rest as the slider made mouths water. The chicken resembled the same taste as it does in the actual restaurant. Also, the salads remained fresh with crispy lettuce and clean fruit. Each dressing added a new element of delicious flavor to each salad. The grilled chicken on top of the salad contains the original grill flavor everyone loves. You’re missing out if you do not grab these items while supplies last.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed the adults in positions of power make the right decision for the students of Houston High School.

If you would like to know more nutrition facts contact us at [email protected] for the link!