Football Blasts Bolton in Home Opener

Team Effort Leads Mustangs Past Wildcats

Coach Hudgens encouraging the offense on our way to victory.

Jonathan Jennings, Reporter

Head Coach Will Hudgens and the 2014 Houston Mustang football team beat the Bolton Wildcats 55-21 to open 2-0 for the second consecutive season.

Senior Chase Moss-Pioreck opened the scoring for the Mustangs with 2 yard run on the second drive of the game and they never looked back. Junior followed on the next possession with an interception and 24yard return for a touchdown giving Houston a 14-0 lead just 7 minutes into the game.

After Bolton scored on the ensuing possession, the Mustangs scored on consecutive possessions to push the lead to 28-7 with 3:07 remaining in the 1st half. The first was a 74yard run for a score by Moss-Pioreck and the next was a 15 yard touchdown pass from senior quarterback Jared Schmidt to Junior Chance Pullen.

Moss-Pioreck led the Mustangs in rushing with 14 carries for 182 yards and 1 TD. The Cartwright brothers followed him; Colby Cartwright had 120 yards on 13 carries and 3 TDs while Seth Cartwright had 68 yards on six carries and 1 TD. Jared Schmidt went 6 for 13 for 95 passing yards and 1 TD passing.

The performance of the Defense was equal to the Offense. Other than a meaningless touchdown in the final seconds of the game, they held Bolton to only 220 yards total offense for the game compared to 488 yards of offense for Houston.

A good effort by the team, a great student body turn out, and a night of memories for all.