Parking Lot Madness

Parking Lot Madness

Angelica Omar, Reporter

Starting a new school year, there are always problems that come up needing to be fixed. One of the most concerning issues is the student parking lot.
ENTERING SCHOOL GROUNDS
Turning left into school past 6:30 is nearly impossible because the lane is usually backed up all the way to the Houston Levee, Wolf River intersection. This causes most students to receive tardies, which leads to frustration.
Most blame the new crossing guard with misleading signals. Instead of letting five cars in at a time, it would be more efficient to allow dozens to turn.
BUSES
With the new school system and new students, the amount of buses has increased significantly. This overload causes a build up in traffic, also delaying student entry.
The increase in frustration is furthered by a number of drivers trying to cut into the overly long line of cards trying to get in the parking lot.
PARENTS
Another issue is the parents that are in a hurry to drop off their kids. Instead of going through the car lane, they use the church across the street, Grace Evan, as a quick drop off center. Because there is an abundance of students crossing the street, the guard has to stop traffic in order to let them cross. Because these parents are incapable of following rules, an even bigger back up occurs.
Overall, the parking/timing/crossing guard/parent drop off issue will continue to be a major concern of many students and parents until something come be done to make access to campus easier for everyone.