Bringing Heart and Personality to Chemistry

Antonio Scott, Reporter

In high school, Victoria Jordan worked on the yearbook staff, but now, she’s in front of the camera, instead of behind it. Mrs. Jordan came to Houston from Germantown High School. She has worked at Bolton in her career inside of the classroom. This is Jordan’s fifth year as a teacher.

Originally from Pontotoc, Mississippi, she moved to Memphis, Tennessee when she was 18. She earned her baccalaureate and masters degrees from The University of Memphis.

If she were not teaching Chemistry, Jordan “would probably be in pharmacy school,” which was her original plan before becoming a teacher.

When she’s not at Houston, Jordan enjoys watching her sons playing competitive soccer and being outside. She and her husband spend time wheeling-off road in their custom rock buggy they built. She explains herself as a “tiny person with a huge heart, vivid personality, and strong mind.”

Grading papers is the most challenging job Jordan has at Houston. She “love[s] teaching, planning, and organizing, but grading papers for 190 students is tedious and exhausting [but it’s all worth it]!”

Jordan’s teaching style is authentic and modern. She incorporates popular culture into the classroom, while ensuring students understand and comprehend the material.

As Houston High gallops into the future, while keeping it classy, we welcome Mrs. Victoria Jordan!