Positivity is her Policy

Positivity is her Policy

Ashley Markle, Reporter

If you haven’t been by the attendance office yet, you might not have met Ms. Carpenter, Houston’s new secretary. From Mobile, Alabama, she went McGill Toolen High School, where she placed fifth in the state for the national French test. She attended Auburn University where she studied both business and French. With her degree, she worked in international business for five years, and then became a mom.
If she wasn’t working at Houston, chances are she would be working with her husband at The International Paper. After school, she says she enjoys going home and relaxing with her two dogs she rescued; she might even be watching When Harry Met Sally, which is what her husband took her to see on their first date. If there were a movie made about Ms. Carpenter, she would love to have Sandra Bullock play her because she seems down to Earth and seems friendly.
With a smile on her face, Ms. Carpenter is ready to help whoever walks in the attendance office. Her duties range from checking kids in, calling kids out of class, and working with parents who sometimes are not pleasant.  When dealing with conflicts, she handles the situation with Houston class. She says, “She loves Houston and all the kids.” Well, we are happy to have her and are excited for a great year ahead with her!