THE PONY EXPRESS

Senior Wills

Every year, the HHS Pony Express posts the participating seniors’ last will and testaments before they graduate. Here they are in alphabetical order.

I, Ashlyn Barclay, being of scattered mind and athletic body, hereby leave these things to the following people: the future of the pole vault team and Jason’s mind to the helplessness of Liam Jogal, John Reents, Andrew Jaggar, and Jeremy Meanwell. Las D trips are also left in your hands. Morning car rides I leave to Ruck, you may enjoy the monotonous sounds of country music and less embarrassment.

I, Christin Calvert, being of a semi-sane state of mind and adequate body, hereby leave these things to the following people: To Marissa Hyman-the drama that comes with being guard captain. To John Traverse-every Goldfish and M&M I have eaten in his classroom. To Courtney Cockroft-everything we’ve been through and how I’ve let go and you can’t seem to. To Alexis Doan-that dog we fought over in Kindergarten that lead to a 13 year friendship. To Matthew Taylor-thank you for firing Kayla.

I, Cat Carlin, being of wandering mind and caffeinated body, hereby leave these things to the following people: To Sarah Cate Melton: I leave you Patty Sacadint. Do her bidding well. I leave you Kell Christie. Take care of her, she’s the best among us. I also leave you crying in Mrs. Bansal’s class and telling Traverse when he’s being stupid. Also, tell Paige she’s pretty and invade her personal space every once in a while. She needs it. I love you so so much. To Parge Robbins Hollenbeck: I also leave you Patty and Kell in coalition with Scate. In addition, I leave you all of our Instagram animals. Make sure I don’t forget about them at college. I leave you all the dogs in the world. Lastly, I leave you love because you’re amazing. To Adalyn Elizabeth Bocuzzi: I leave you Traverse, KKF, and Martha Gunn Poole. Take care of them; teachers are dropping like flies. To Samantha Perry: I leave you every coffee cup I have ever used. To Laree Carter: I leave you a plaque for the Best Assistant Ever. To Molly Michelle Waugh: I leave all the accents in the world. To Kes Alexandria Jackson: I leave the seats at the front of the choir room because you’re too good for the risers. Take these things as tokens of my love, and never forget to love one another except when someone’s being a butthole. All the love in the world, Cat Carlin.

I, Emmanuel Chi, being of sober mind and satiable body, hereby leave these things to the following people: Nick Anewalt the art of booling out and yakking balls. I also leave him the Pom Squad, Juicy B. Zach Morris, the 3 Pikachus. I keep them in my car. The big Pikachu, the small Pikachu, and the limited edition explorer Pikachu. Kate Handel always being live and my Xbox gamertag. If you know…you know.

I, Courtney Ellen Cockroft, being of weary mind and caffeine charged body, hereby leave these things to the following people: All the inspiration for my poetry to Layne Thomas. Success with GSA to Clare Jordan. Well wishes to getting through Stem IV to all of the determined Stem III class. I leave a forged doctor’s note to Sophia, use it wisely. I leave a piece of my mind to Christa Phillips, who was both the best and worst thing that happened to me in high school. To Mrs. Minton, I leave my advice for younger students-you always gave it to me. Hopefully this will be the end, good luck. -Courtney Cockroft

I, Hannah Dong, being of understanding mind and able body, hereby leave these things to the following people: I leave stuff to 1) Amy Li and 2) Parth Patel.

I, Bailey Dumlao, being of a dreamer’s mind and Marsh’s body, hereby leave these things to the following people: To the HHS theater department, I leave passion and the numbers taped downstage center. Keep making art and telling stories. To Abby Wingfield and Laree Carter, I leave the Instagram @houstonhightheater. Run it well! Keep everyone informed! #hhsfinearts To the cast of 42nd Street and Joseph, I leave the Orpheum and a thousand up lights, as well as my dreamcoat and my mustache. To Kell Christie I leave more pizza with left beef and a loving reminder: “Don’t care. Create!” ILYSM.

I, Kelly Glasglow, being of stressed mind and tired body, hereby leave these things to the following people: My literature book to Taylor Schoggen. Failure to Addie Bocuzzi. Spanish stress to Madeeha Aziz. Coach Benzing to Lindsay Carney, Chloe Martin, Emma Holley, Lauren Gunter, and Ashley Armstrong. Motts Fruit Snacks to Patrick Grooms. Fights with girls to Angela Jo.

I, Elizabeth Turner Grimm, being of empty mind and Capri-Sun filled body, hereby leave these things to the following people: Fall Johnson, I leave you with one final year spending your Sunday nights in the OLEC gym hanging out with the coolest youth pastors EVER. I leave Mary Kathryn Phelps the responsibility of protecting and loving my best friends in room M13 for me next year. I leave Anna Cate Krammer with the intense position of being in charge of the senior section of the yearbook next year. I know you have an incredible senior year ahead of you…full of tons of fun trips to Oxford! And finally, I leave Wilkins King my everlasting supply of Go-Gurts and Capri-Suns for lunch, Brock’s sass, our morning car jams, an unlimited supply of Energel pens for all the AP papers you’ll write next year, and all the memories we’ve shared between the walls of HHS.

I, Maya Gonzalez, being of stressed mind and short body, hereby leave these things to the following people: To Amber Legenzoff, my dear club Best Buddies. Do it justice and focus on friendship. To Jonathon Kerstell, I leave my memories of longboarding. To Grace Evan Juniors, enjoy Colorado and remember to have fun and love God. To Allison House, I leave my ability to multitask and understand Ms. Bansal’s teaching. Enjoy the cute, funny, short, fiesty Indian! To the current AP Seminar kids, I leave my expertise of not procrastinating and to enjoy Robinson’s funny, random videos. Also, don’t let senioritis get too bad and love Robinson (the dad) for us. To John Padgett I leave my whiteness and amazing jokes and nerdiness and dedication. To Robinson, I leave all my rebellion. To Libby Bailey, I leave you my changed heart for commitment and boys.

I, Benjiman Hart, being of sound mind and able body, hereby leave these things to the following people:I give the best ponytail title back to Mr. Timothy Davis. The shop, rock-crawler, and gold spray-paint to Cash Brown, and the Flower Pot Pong Title to Jacob Maier.

I, Delaney Hayes, being of tired mind and bruised-sinus body, hereby leave these things to the following people: The Nasty Nineteen, all anatomy packets, excessive pointing, and renal arteries to the laziest, most unmotivated, most hilarious~salty~group I’ve ever been a part of: Brady Preston Bush, Haley Grace Foster, and Hayley Ray Royal.

I, Zachary Holt, being of extraordinary mind and staunch body, hereby leave these things to the following people: I leave lunches and Fortnite to George Tashie, Nathan Farmer, and Stockton Edgeworth. I leave being a Trailer Park Boy to Jack Pelt. I leave the wrestling team to Jake Manuel. I leave having no gainz to Cade Young. I leave the Houston Accounting Society to Olivia Peterson. I leave future success and prosperity to Anna Holtz. OK Peace out bye.

I, Abigail Jones, being of interesting mind and little body, hereby leave these things to the following people: To Mason Johnson, Ashton Richard, and Joshua Bittner, I leave all the car rides. To MK Phelps and Lily Pierce, I leave all the fun jams seshes.

I, Adam Daetto Kim, being of strained mind and exhausted body, hereby leave these things to the following people: I gift the International Club Presidency and my haphazardous translations in Korean to Emily Ryu. I also relent my fortunate position as Knowledge Bowl Team A alternate, who doesn’t actually compete on TV, but still receives the scholarship anyways without public embarrassment, to whomever is selected next. In addition, my late night cram-sessions for AP Chemistry are gifted to the soon-to-be sleep deprived students of next year. Conclusively, I donate my inspiration for witty college essay introductions and the entire magnitude of my stress to each student in the class of 2019.

I, Brooke Lawson, being of sound mind and able body, hereby leave these things to the following people: To Carson Childress I leave the medical bag and speaker. To Allie Bates, I leave the list of cheers to call. Finally to Samantha Lawson, I leave Mom, Dad, the boys, Layla, and most importantly, the Diamond Girls.

I, Spencer Roome Lawton, being of absent mind and labored body, hereby leave these things to the following people: To Nyah Mullings, I leave my guard locker. May you finish what Katherine started. To Emily Daniel, I leave all the childhood I’ve left. Use it sparingly. Treasure it. To Laree Carter, I leave the job of finding Kell’s keys. It’s difficult, but you can do it. To Sarah Cate Melton, PLEASE TURN OF KELL’S PROJECTOR! IT WILL OVERHEAT! To Paige Hollenbeck, I leave two bobby pins on the floor. To Bryanna Butler, I leave my important role of Parson Tuck. May it serve you well. To Abby Wingfield, all my love. And Speech & Debate. To John Thomas and Drew Taylor: BARRELZZZZ

I, Noah Lee, being of queer mind and noodle body, hereby leave these things to the following people: Yaelle: I leave you a 2-year supply of high fives I will no longer be able to give you in the hallway and the aura  of every good boy and girl I have ever patted. Ellery: I bestow unto you my French knowledge and the perseverance to always be better. You got this, pal. Riane and Nathaniel: I give you my German knowledge, though yours will soon surpass mine., in exchange for keeping me up to date with classroom shenanigans. Kait: I give you my endless (ok, maybe not so much) patience with In-Design. You’ll need it. And to all your enemies: I leave my procrastination.

I, Regan Lee, being of sound mind and spontaneous body, hereby leave these things to the following people: Tina, I leave you genuine happiness. May your senior year empower you to cast out negativity that comes your way. Anna Cate, I leave you SGA & a passion for leadership-do great things sweet girl! Madeeha, I leave you St. Jude Club & a sweet love for serving others. Gracie, I leave you my precal notes. Only one more year ‘til you’re in Ox with me!

I, William Lowery, hereby leave these things to the following people: Sarah Cate and Paige I leave you the theater department and our dear Kell. Addison Nixon I leave you the basketball goal. To Drew Taylor and the other juniors, I leave the entire choir program. I know things are rough right now, but y’all will make it. Brynna and Abby, take care of yourselves and keep Kell sane.

I, Sarah Caroline Melton, being of vine quote mind and Ching’s-filled body, hereby leave these things to the following people: To Allison Udell, I leave you jam sessions in my CR-V and endless vine quotes. To Hope Student Ministry 9th Grade girls, I leave all my screaming and “How to Survive High School” lectures. To Mrs. Boggan, I leave my love of Childish Gambino. To Emma Nicell, I leave Best Buddies. Treat my baby well! To Mrs. Ozment, I leave all my love and Lean Cuisines. Keep being a baddie. Also shoutout to Harry Styles! Love you boo!

I, Sarah Guynes, being of exhausted mind and Jewish body, hereby leave these things to the following people: To Abby Gold, I leave car rides and toast crust. To Tanner Spiecha I leave the Brother Martin sweatshirt. To Paige Mitchell, I leave late night Sonic runs. And to Colin Smith I leave $17.93. HAVE FUN IN HIGH SCHOOL MY DUDES! LOVE Y’ALL!

I, Courtney Noisette, being of unorganized mind and thicc body, hereby leave these things to the following people: Bryanna and Abby, I leave you the theater. You guys are my theater kids, so make mama proud. Jackson K. I leave you our morning hugs, and our petty gossip sessions at rehearsal. Dinobi, I leave you all the sass and extra-ness one needs for senior year. Emmaline and Anna Cate, I pass down the SGA to y’all. I give you all the smiles and tears from being in Mrs. Spain’s class. Faith, I leave you all the strength to continue doing theater. Addie, I leave you all our backstage dances. Juju, I leave you the sanity to stage manage theater kids. To all my underclassmen friends, I leave you the strength and courage to graduate with pride.

I, Baili Park, being of slow mind and weak body, hereby leave these things to the following people: I would like to leave the leadership role of the golf team to Jayna Choi, I hope you beat everyone on the team and beat every other team who has the guts to go against Houston.

I, Mattison Puckett, being of checked out mind and 5 course meal body, hereby leave these things to the following people: To Sophie Nipp, I leave my 42 in AP Biology, and my senior year. To Katie Stewart, I leave my daily insults, laughing until we can’t breathe, and “please let this be a normal trip.” To Samantha Lawson, I leave the stress of picking a college (woo pig!). To Gracie Makinster, I leave my hair straightener. To Halle Wolford, I leave my dear baby Sampson. To Morgan Hensley and Bryce Bailey, I leave dinner with Jason and Ms. Angela and the key to my dorm. Peace out!

I, Megan Reid, being of stressed mind and exhausted body, hereby leave these things to the following people: To Abby Wingfield, I leave a steady hand and eyelash glue so your makeup can always be performance ready. To Addison Nixon, I leave my jacket. You know why. To Kell Christie, I leave a working vending machine so you can never be without a cold Diet Coke. To Drew Taylor and John Thomas, I leave lots of hugs. Thanks for being the best. Finally, to the Students of Houston High School, I leave patience, love, and respect. Be kind to one another. Let your voice be heard. You can change the world.

I, Helen Seiggreen, being of unstable mind and awkward body, hereby leave these things to the following people: To Olivia Peterson, I leave whatever little motivation I had left to finish AP Research. To Eric Locascio, I leave our endless car rides with the windows down and music blasting. To Fall Johnson, I leave all our memories and laughter from Intro to Theater to prom this year. To Walt Seiggreen, I leave all our “friendly disagreements,” my killer Spotify playlists, our Netflix binges, and the Subaruby.

I, JuliAnna Stanford, being of Disney mind and dancing body, hereby leave these things to the following people: Molly Waugh, I leave you the job of making senior videos for everyone at the last minute. Abby Wingfield, I leave crying at every overture. To Caroline Pillow, I leave singing at every musical theater reference. To Molly, Caroline, and Emma Holley, I leave Barry Allen. To Sarah Cate Melton and Paige Hollenbeck, I leave Patty’s Lounge. To Jaclyn Keller, I leave leading cast stretching before rehearsals. I leave AP Research and Robinson’s Friday inspirational videos to Addie Bocuzzi. To the Houston High School Theater I leave Kell Christie because she’s the kindest person and she deserves the world.

I, Garret Taylor, being of a hopeful mind and Boyees body, hereby leave these things to the following people: Tade Robertson. Graduate. Please.

I, Sarah Waddell, being of tired mind and exhausted body, hereby leave these things to the following people: I leave to my brothers all the love, wisdom, and life lessons. I leave to Abigaile, the early morning tea, and to Shakespeare Society, the willpower and determination to be the change you wish to see in the world. I leave to Mrs. Ozment, the painted Tardis and to Mr. Wright, the ease of knowing you aided my future success. To Mrs. McKinney, I leave the stress of sponsoring next year’s show, and the gratitude for making it possible. Thank you Mr. Boyer for the morning jams, and those who didn’t have faith, because I grew. And to Houston High, I leave you with way more knowledge of who I am and who I have become. I loved it here. The memories that we have all created as a class as students and as individuals will never be forgotten! THANK YOU!