Meet the New Teachers! – Ms. Rea

Back to Article
Back to Article

Meet the New Teachers! – Ms. Rea

Bayann Jaber, Journalist

1. Where did you grow up? I grew up in the Arlington, TN area.
    2. Where did you go to High School? FACS First Assembly Christian School
    3. What did you enjoy studying in High School? Business Courses
    4. What extracurricular activities did you participate in in High School?
    Basketball and Softball
    5. Where did you go to college? I received both my undergraduate and graduate degrees at
    Union University
    6. What did you study/participate in in college? I majored in Management and Marketing
    and minored in Economics and Finance. I have a Master’s Degree in Education.
    7. What class(es) do you teach here at Houston? Business Communications, Mobile
    Applications Development, Coding 1 and Intro to Business
    8. What prompted you to study to teach this subject? I grew up in a family were everyone
    owned their own business. I suppose it was only natural for me to be interested in Business.
    9. Have you ever taught before? If so, where and for how long? Yes, I taught at the
    Shelby County School District for two years.
    10. What prompted you to apply at Houston? I had heard so many wonderful things about
    GMSD and Houston High.
    11. How are you enjoying the school so far? Absolutely, I am thrilled to be here.
    12. What’s your favorite part about Houston High? The overall environment and school
    spirit.
    13. What’s your favorite part about being a teacher?
    It is my goal to be passionate about teaching, not only to the student in front of me but also to
    the person that student will become. I hope to create an atmosphere that fosters and triggers
    emotional responses in my students. I care about inspiring students to become all they can
    be.
    14. How is working at Houston different from what you’ve done before? I am so proud and
    thankful to be a part of the Houston High team. Mr. Cherry and his staff have built an
    extremely friendly and high preforming culture that celebrates excellence –everyday.
    15. Is there any extra information you’d like for us to share about you or your class in the
    paper? I have two sons Zach and Josh. Zach is 27 and a commercial pilot. Josh is 21. He is a
    cadet at West Point and plays football for Army. Go Army! Beat Navy!