New Teacher Questionnaire: Sarita Bansal

Back to Article
Back to Article

Nora Cooper

Sarita Bansal

By: Nora Cooper

Starting the 2016-2017 school year, Houston High School was fortunate to receive fourteen new teachers. The Pony Express interviewed new teacher, Sarita Bansal. Ms. Bansal’s responses have been edited for clarity.

PE: Where did you grow up and go to High School?

SB: I was born and brought up in India. I went to high school “Sr. Sec Jain Girls High school” at Ambala Cantt ,Haryana.

PE: What did you enjoy studying or participating in in High School?

SB: I lead a lot of clubs including dance, drama, speech and arts club. I was a Girl Guide in High School and received Honor from President of India. I loved doing extra curricular activities.

PE: Where did you go to college?

SB: I went to Undergrad College in my hometown “S.D. College” where my dad taught me Math for four years. That was the best experience of my college life.

PE: What did you study/participate in in college?

SB: I studied Math, Physics and Electronics in undergrad and then did Masters in Math and education degree after that.

PE: Do you have any children and/or pets?

SB: I have two handsome boys. Sarthak is a senior at White Station High school and Saumil is a 8th grader at White Station Middle School.

PE: Have you ever taught before? If so, where and for how long?

SB: I am teaching since 1996. My first 6 years are in India. We moved to US in 2002 and I taught at Immaculate Conception Cathedral School for 10 years. In 2012 I started working at Germantown High School. This is my first year at Houston High school.

PE: What would you be doing if you weren’t teaching?

SB: I can’t imagine myself doing anything else other than teaching. This is my passion. I come from a family of Teachers, Head Masters, Principals and Professors. I knew I want to be a teacher since I was 3 years old.

PE: How is working at Houston different from what you’ve done before?
SB: The environment is motivating. I love my students and they motivate to do my best. I love my Department, everyone is friendly and helpful.