The Band Goes To San Antonio

Bryson Russell, Staff Writer

Every year, the Houston Band has a Spring Trip. In the past, they’ve gone to places such as Disney World and even New York City. In Disney, they marched down the main street of Magic Kingdom, while playing fun and cheerful music as the park’s tourists cheered with joy. Though the band has been to Disney several times, it is always fun to return to march at the happiest place on earth. In the big apple, the band got to see all of the sites, such as the 9/11 memorial, the Rockefeller Center, and the Empire State Building. The band had the honor of playing at Carnegie Hall and enjoying the rest of their time in New York City.

Though, this recent trip they went down to San Antonio, Texas. The band did a lot while down in Texas, such as, going to Seaworld, Six Flags, the Alamo, and the San Antonio Zoo. The really exciting about the trip was marching in a parade

unnamed-1that was televised live all across the United States.
     The majority of the band had went on the trip, which means some where around 200 band students got the chance to march and perform on live television. Mr. Smith, the head band director of the Houston Band, is retiring this school year which means that this is his very last band trip. As far as final band trips go, I think this one will go down as one of the most exciting and fun filled trips yet!