Welcome back to the new Pony Express!

Welcome back to the new Pony Express!

Antonio Scott, Editor-in-Chief

Welcome back and Happy New Year! I’m so excited to be back for the second semester as your Editor-in-Chief. This year, we’ve revamped our mode of operations to better serve the students of Houston High and our greater community. We’re welcoming back our amazing writers from Christmas break who are also excited to bring their journalistic excellence to our news site. I’d like to extend a very special welcome back to Mary Parker Powell, who is joining us back from an injury that made her homebound for much of the first semester.

One of PE’s most valued writers, Claire Payne will serve in a larger capacity as the Assistant Content Editor in helping our writer’s roundtable and making sure our site’s content is always relevant and up to date!

2016 is a big year for PE. Most of our staff will graduate in May, leaving PE with two recurring staff members for the 2016-2017 school year. I’ll proudly be passing on the Editor’s torch to Patrick Canter, a promising 11th grade journalist who writes with passion and truth.

Look forward to brand new stories every week and follow us on Twitter @PonyExpressHHS for the latest developments.

Nevertheless, 2016 for PE is a big deal! I’m excited that you’ve decided to join us! Til’ next time, keep on reading!

Antonio Scott

Editor-in-Chief

The Pony Express Student Newspaper