HHS Celebrates Football Homecoming 2015

HHS Celebrates Football Homecoming 2015

Natasha Caudill, Staff Writer

Homecoming, the most exciting week of every year, has come and gone. On Monday, students showcased their American pride on USA day. Twinning Tuesday brought everything from couples wearing the same shirt to two people wearing matching shark costumes. During throwback day, students decked out in all their 1970s tie-dye. Thursday was shoe day; underclassman wore Chacos and upperclassman wore Nike sports apparel. On Friday students donned their black, silver, and white mustang apparel for spirit day.

Friday also brought one of the most festive days of the year, hallway decoration day, where grades compete by decorating hallways. This year, freshman were given the sounds of Memphis with records dangling from the ceiling and cardboard cutouts of Elvis Presley. The sophomores lined their hallway with Memphis Grizzlies fan gear as well as decorations for the Memphis soccer and baseball teams to represent the sports of Memphis. The juniors had the tastes of Memphis and covered their hallway with every popular restaurant around. Seniors were given the sights of Memphis, complete with a FedEx Forum bouncy house, popular murals and recreated sights from around Memphis. The homecoming game pep rally also gave grades a chance to compete with different skits; this year had no shortage of students hitting the quan. After a spirit filled week, the game against Germantown finally arrived. The final score was 21-14 and although we lost, the night was nothing short of school spirit.