Houston’s Salutatorian- Arunabh Singh

Houston's Salutatorian- Arunabh Singh

Mitchell Moskowitz, Reporter

Arunabh Singh has achieved much success during his time at Houston High School. With a 36 on the ACT and a cumulative weighted GPA of 4.67, it is quite clear to anyone that has ever taken a class with Arunabh that he is destined for great things. Over the course of his high school career, Singh has taken 12 honors and 17 AP courses; he has scored a perfect 5 on every AP exam he has taken.
While his academic accolades seem most impressive, Singh has somehow managed to extend his presence beyond the classroom. Singh currently serves as president of both Model UN and Mu Alpha Theta, vice president of Beta Club and the National Honor Society, and captain of Houston’s knowledge bowl team; he also belongs to the key club, Rho Kappa, and the Speech and Debate club.
While Singh can certainly be characterized as intelligent beyond his years (having skipped a grade, he is only 17), it is his superb work ethic that serves him best. According to Singh, he generally spends a minimum of an hour and a half each school day studying. “The hardest part of high school was learning to pace yourself,” explains Singh. When asked if he had any words of advice to give the students of Houston, Arunabh merely responded with, “make a goal and just go for it.”
The students of Houston High are undoubtedly what make the school a beacon of excellence. As the 2014-2015 school year draws to a close, Houston High will lose yet another of these special students, as Arunabh Singh leaves for the pristine halls of Vanderbilt University. Still undecided of which career he plans to pursue, Singh currently leans towards majoring in biomedical engineering. While his plans for a career path might seem uncertain, one fact remains abundantly clear: Arunabh Singh’s future, whatever it may hold, looks as bright as that of any student to ever walk the halls of Houston High School.