Houston’s Valedictorian- Kelsey Stevenson

Houston's Valedictorian- Kelsey Stevenson

Ashley Markle, Reporter

After four years of hard work and dedication with a 4.6 GPA and an ACT score of 34, Kelsey Stevenson is the Valedictorian of the Class of 2015. During her four years, Kelsey strived to do her best in everything.

Balancing school and extracurricular activities can be challenging for some people, but Kelsey makes time for everything. Depending on the day, she will study for an hour, maybe two. With a total of 10 honors classes and 14 AP classes, Kelsey still makes time for other activities. For three years of her high school career she ran cross-country. She also is an active member in Beta Club, National Honors Society, Mu Alpha Theta, Rho Kappa, Spanish Honors Society, Horizon’s, and Environmental Club. This past year she decided to participate in more community service projects like habitat for humanity.

With a full schedule, she makes sure to leave room for spending time with family and friends on the weekends. Luckily, Stevenson says she has always had very supportive parents that always encourage her to do her best and work hard. She sets her goals towards a high quality education to push her to try her hardest.

Once graduated, Kelsey plans on having a smooth summer in Memphis before college. A few lake trips, a trip to the beach, and hanging out with friends will fill her time before she goes off to Tulane in New Orleans. She has yet to decide on her major, but she is leaning towards the finance and physics track in the fall.
Kelsey, we wish you the best of luck in your education. Houston is proud of you, and we know you will do amazing things.