How to Homecoming!

How to Homecoming!

Ashley Markle, Reporter

Don’t be lame join the dress up game. Every year, a week in the fall is dedicated to dress up and show school spirit.

The days of homecoming week this year were taken into careful consideration when being picked. All days are chosen based on how much participation is expected in dressing up. According to opposing schools, HHS has been accused of copying a dress up day, let me lay the rumors to rest; two years ago, an SGA president originated the idea of salad dressing day. So once more, Houston did not pick that day to “be like” other schools, we chose it to reminisce on how fun it was when we did it the first time.

In past years, Monday has been color day. Based on feedback, received by SGA , that idea has been omitted. Instead, Monday will be salad dressing day where underclassman will wear ranch attire and upperclassman will wear Hawaiian attire. To dress like a condiment, grab a flannel and some boots to be like a rancher. Juniors and seniors, grab some lays and a floral shirt because the upperclassmen are going to the islands.

On Tuesday, get your crown and cape ready! Princesses and superheroes will roam the hallways ruling our kingdom protecting us from evil dragons. The fun doesn’t stop there! Wednesday we are bringing it back to academic appreciation and wearing our favorite study gear; so pull hike those pants up, secure them with suspenders, and get ready to learn. After we have a nice day of learning, it’s time to relax and go on a nice yacht trip or even hit the deer stands. Houston, pull out your Lily Pulitzer or Polo and camo waders because it’s time to see who would be in the hunting club or in the yacht club!

After a fun week of dressing up, we need to remember what the week is all about- the football team and Houston. On Friday, students are asked to wear Houston colors and other attire to support their school.

Dressing up in funny costumes for a week is a great way to ease back into school after Fall Break. Participating in dress up days makes for a good laugh and a great insta. Get your outfits and get ready to have some fun.

Happy homecoming, Houston!

MONDAY: Salad Dressing Day

Ranch: Freshmen&Sophomores 1000 Island: Juniors&Seniors

Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 10.19.52 AM

TUESDAY: Princess vs. Superhero

Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 10.20.54 AM

WEDNESDAY: Nerd Day

Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 10.21.56 AM

THURSDAY: Hunting vs. Yacht Club

Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 10.23.04 AM

FRIDAY:

Wear all Houston colors, tshirts, jersey, anything to represent the school!