Houston’s Newest Tennis Star

Angelica Omar, Reporter

Many of you may know a Germantown transfer student named Joe George, however, you may not know much about him.
The decision to transfer was solely his parents’ choice, however, he agrees Houston has a prestigious reputation. “One of the hardest things about switching schools is to have to find new friends, but I’m glad to have met friends” he stated.
Joe is extremely involved with Young Life and attended two camps this summer. One camp, he attended as a camper for the club and the other, he went to as a leader for Capernaum (a Young life camp for the special needs kids.) Other clubs he participates in are Skills USA, French club, and FFA.
He plays rec basketball, rec baseball, spike ball, and tennis. Even though he is involved in several different sports, tennis is his favorite. His love for tennis began when he was nine while watching a match on TV.
Joe holds many titles in tennis including regional and district champions in 2013 and 2014 and State semifinalist 2013 and State finalist 2014. He is ranked top 10 in the state in 12’s, 14’s, and 16’s. Joe was also a Best of the Preps finalist in 2013 and 2014.

Although he is involved in a myriad of sports and clubs, he still finds a way of making free time. He enjoys long walks on the beach, turning up, listening to music, and can be found working many hours at Kinnucans.